Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 2

Day two of my polyphasic sleep experiment. I decided to go with a circadian-driven triphasic model, of my own design. Currently, I have that set up as three sleep cycles, two of which are at night and one during the day. I think that this model has a nice safety built in, in that if there is a need for the sleep that happens during NREM sleep, I will likely sleep through the night, and be able to otherwise continue my experiment from there.

I am currently sleeping 90 minutes per sleep cycle, and have not needed an alarm, which is actually unusual for me. I have been setting one, but I have been waking about 5-10 minutes before it goes off. I have heard that the first few days are the hardest, but I feel that it is easier than the typical monophasic cycle that I was doing before. We shall see how it goes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment