Friday, April 8, 2011

Reset

Last night thought I might be feeling the effects of some sleep debt. I went to bed at my usual 10:30pm and did not set my alarm, so that I would get whatever sleep I needed. I awoke a couple times in the night, but fell back asleep without any problem, finally getting up at 7:00am, for a total of 8 1/2 hours of sleep that night. Today, all seems back to normal with a 1:15 hr nap this afternoon and a 1:20 hr nap this evening. I have been alert and productive again.

I am still unsure whether the sleep debt came about primarily from accumulated lack of sleep over the last 2 weeks, or whether it had more to do with my schedule becoming erratic. I will be trying to keep my schedule regular for this next two week period to see if I accumulate more debt. If so, then it looks as though I may be able to repay the sleep debt with a single 8 hr sleep/fortnight, which would increase my average sleep from 4:25 minutes to just under 5 hrs a night. Not as good, but not that bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment