Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 11 - Waking in the middle of my naps.

There has been a slight change in my nap pattern. I am not very tired when I get to my scheduled naps. I have been waking up at the hour mark, checking my clock and then snoozing for the rest of the nap. I am not sure that this snoozing bit is doing me any good, or whether it means that I have been trying to get up in  the middle of a REM cycle. I have been waking up from the snooze with my alarm clock, but I have only been getting up about 10 minutes after the initial alarm. I am clearly being woken during vivid dreams and I have that type of grogginess that I have always associated with sleeping in too long. It seems weird to me, but I think that less sleep will do me better. I am going to go ahead and do one more 1 1/2 hour cycle and then try switching to getting up when I wake up the first time, no matter how short that nap might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment