Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 15 - had to push back my afternoon nap

A friend had some car problems, and that lead to me pushing my nap back until 4:00. I did not want to nap in the car, because I was wearing my wetsuit and had been in 32 degree water. I was warm enough, but a long way from comfortable, and I knew that I would not be able to stay warm if I slept. My body temperature has always dropped when I sleep, and that effect has gotten more pronounced. I crashed out at 4:00 and slept until 5:15. I woke up alert and refreshed, but as I am approaching my evening nap, even though I have only been awake for 4 hours, I will be ready to hit the bed.

I am trying out sleeping 1:15 instead of 1:30, because I have been waking up dreaming. If 1:15 does not work consistently, I will try 1:45. There is a sleep monitor app for the i-phone. That would be really nice to have so that I could chart my cycles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment