Saturday, December 12, 2009

Out to eat

The little town that I live in (population 1012), has a fantastic restaurant, which, unbecomingly, is named Ralph's. My wife and I eat there about once a month. The restaurant only has 6 tables, so it is a very intimate setting. All the deserts are homemade, and I can't help but to indulge my sweet tooth. They have some of the best ice cream I have ever had (and this from a person that has driven over 150 miles round trip to get some good ice cream).

Between that, the fried haddock, and the french fries, I went a bit over today in my calories. I will have to make it up in the next few days. Now that my wife Becky is back with the truck, I can go into town and restock on fresh vegetables and get some more mushrooms, which make balancing the menus much easier.

It is interesting to me to see that to hit my protein goal (of 30% of my calories for 1000 calories), I have to eat my cup of yogurt, an egg or two, AND some meat. When I did my baseline about a year ago, I was averaging 32 g of protein, with dairy, eggs and beans. Currently my 7 day average for protein is 62 g. I certainly tend to feel full these days, although I have not noticed that I put on muscle faster or that there seems to be any other real benefit to the added protein.


No comments:

Post a Comment