Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 4

Wow, I am really enjoying this. Woke up from my "night" nap about 5 minutes before the alarm went off. I actually had a little bit of trouble falling asleep. I feel well-rested and alert. I took a little time organizing my next few days which are going to be extremely busy. I am finding a little bit of difficulty keeping track of which day it is, since I have 3 "days" for every terrestrial day that passes. I use a modified GTD (Getting things done)  time management system, which at the heart consists of a 3x5 memo notebook which lives in my back pocket. I have always used a page a day for my checklist, but recently, because of this tri-phasic sleep system, I have gone to a page per waking cycle. It allows me to keep track of the day, and to plan my meetings, phone-calls, etc for times that other people are at work. From my perspective, that is every third "day" (7:00am - 1:30pm) since when I wake at 3:00pm, and have breakfast etc, the normal workday is pretty much over.

The schedule that I have fallen into is a day of meetings, errands, phone-calls etc. A social day or day off. and then a project-oriented day. So I end up with the schedule that follows:

Having a day off every two days rocks, and I am looking forward to the weekend, which will be like a 5 day vacation. This weekend, I have a canoe race, a movie, a seminar, and two parties that I am going to, and I will still have plenty of time for my martial arts class, as well as a full 5-hour day of pruning apple trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment