Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 7

It has been a week. I am continuing to do well and I am enjoying this new routine. Today, for the first time, my sleep schedule interfered somewhat with my social schedule. A friend's 50th birthday party started at 1:00pm, which is a hard time for me to make. My wife and I went, and I took a nap in the car, which worked just fine, and went in at 2:30. So I made an appearance, but it was a little weird / socially awkward. I don't think that there is a way around that sort of thing - it is just going to be an artifact of this lifestyle. I think that I would rather be able to stay at events until 10pm and miss the occasionally 1 pm party.

I also still need to work out a sane eating schedule. I tend not to be hungry for a few hours after I wake up, and I tend not to want to eat for a few hours before I go to bed, which on this schedule leaves a vanishingly small window. Additionally, I don't like breaking up my work-flow for a meal. With cooking, eating and clean-up, it can easily be an hour, which breaks my "day" into two almost useless segments. I think that I will start cooking during the night wake cycle, and nosh on the meal during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment