Sunday, December 20, 2009

Another dinner party, and Christmas is Coming

Well, not really a CRON day today. Had some guests over and had a great dinner. I underestimated the calories in the galette, which I later discovered is butter held together with a little bit of flour. If I had know, I think I would have just had a single piece. I also had 2 glass of wine and quite a few slices of bread. However, as I have mentioned before, it is not really the calories of any one given day, but the weekly average, and I find that today, I have not been very hungry at all (although my sweet tooth got the better of me and I had two delicious homemade cookies). The holidays are a little challenging, in that they are full of rich comfort food, and traditions. Foods that I love, and we only have this time of year. I want to make sure that I have everything, because it will be a full year before it comes around again.

This is my first Christmas on CRON, and I think that it will take me a little while to reset my mind when it comes to holiday treats. I think that the thing to do is to budget one's "holiday calories" and keep track as you go along. Just assume that anything that is a holiday treat is about 250 calories, and add it up as you go through the day. A 6 oz glass of eggnog? 258 calories. A gingerbread cookie? 242 calories. A slice of apple pie? 411 calories. A 5 oz glass of wine? 100 calories. It will probably average out to about 250 per treat. Watch out for that pie though.

My plan is to eat light for the next few days - try to keep it under 1000 calories, and then shoot for under 2200 calories on Christmas Eve and Christmas, and then eat light again until the calories per day average to around the 1500. I may take a supplement this week to keep my nutrient level up. I will be at my parents, and have a lot less control over what I can prepare without making a fuss and getting in the way.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment