Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ugh, a cold.

I have been feeling tired, a little weak, and low energy for the last few days. I have been a little worried that I have been doing something wrong with my diet - losing weight too quickly, or missing some nutrient, or something. I did not know what. But, I was talking to a friend of mine, and he pointed out my runny nose, my complaints of a sore throat, and deduced the blindingly obvious. I have that cold that has been going around. Der.

I realized that I did not see that because I had some unexamined assumption in the deep in my brain that if I was eating really healthy and doing good exercise, then I wouldn't ever get sick anymore. Which, of course, is rediculous. I hope that it increases my resistance, but there is no food that will stop you from getting any sort of illness.

So yesterday, I took it pretty easy. Did a little light work outside and then took a nap. I ate a lot of comfort food, which for me is fruit and starches.

I am low on my B12, E, Potassium, and Zinc. I am going to make some Finnan Haddie Chowder today, which is a smoked haddock chowder. It is mmm-mmm good, and very high in Zinc, B12 and Calcium, so that ought to help balance out my week.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment