Thursday, December 31, 2009

Merry Christmas - 3500 calories.

Wow, I managed to eat almost 3500 calories for Christmas. My family is very much into sweets and treats, and I had a hard time to find green vegetables and the protein that I prefer (which is mostly dairy and eggs - a holdover from my vegetarianism). I did not keep track of what I ate, very well, and did not have easy access to many of the recipes that we ate. Where I really blew the calorie budget was on cookies and chocolate (490 and 1070 calories respectively). Once I had my first treat, I somehow felt that I had failed for the day and that gave me permission to eat whatever I wanted. I need to think about strategies that limit that behavior. I DO love chocolate, and especially good chocolate, but surely I can do better than this at the next family holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment